Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Training with Foundation Exam
Learn how to manage successful programmes by completing the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course. Since 1999, Managing Successful Programmes has been a world-leading qualification for professionals who want to demonstrate industry best practice in project management and business strategy execution.
By covering both beginner and advanced levels, the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package is best suited to:
- Project and programme managers who want to sharpen their skills or to earn a globally-recognised qualification.
- Project team members who need to better understand and apply the processes involved in their corporate programmes.
- Employees who want to improve their chances of promotion.
- Individuals who would like to cross-train for a career in programme and project management.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study courseware, the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner Package is delivered online using the learning platform. Using the power of the internet, course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient.
Students can test their progress through each module using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous practical examples in each section that students help learners understand the application of the techniques being demonstrated. Students can discuss topics with their peers using the social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which the can further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
Designed to help professionals with little or no experience, the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package begins with the basics or programme management before moving on to the Practitioner, or expert, level. By completing both courses that make up the package, students will be fully prepared to sit and pass the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner examinations.
As they progress through the package, learners will cover many topics including:
- The core concepts of the MSP® framework.
- The importance of developing a vision for projects and programmes.
- How to build a blueprint from the vision statement that outlines the project fundamentals.
- Writing a programme definition document that helps to clarify what needs to be achieved.
- Developing a programme plan that helps put project controls in place.
- Using benefits realisation management to ensure that programmes deliver the expected positive outcomes.
- Restructuring the organisation to support the project and implementing a Programme Office to deliver change.
- Considering the business case for programmes.
- The importance of leaders, rather than managers when delivering transformational change.
- The use of tranches to simplify project delivery.
- Delivering the capability and realising the benefits outlined in the project dossier.
- The importance of Quality Management to ensure deliverables are of an acceptable standard.
- Using risk management and issue resolution to keep programme tranches on track.
- How to complete a project and obtain sign off from stakeholders.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of both Foundation and Practitioner exams, students will have mastered the fundamental techniques of programme management. They will also have acquired the knowledge required to pass both Foundation and Practitioner level exams and earn the accompanying qualifications.
Other benefits available through the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package include:
- A greater understanding of project and programme management techniques, and how they are applied in a corporate environment.
- How to improve project and programme management team performance.
- Improved employment prospects through internal promotion, or elsewhere in the project management sector.
MSP® Foundation & Practitioner Package is a mandatory requirement for any individual wanting to sit and pass their MSP® Foundation & Practitioner examinations. Without completing this training, candidates will not have the requisite level of knowledge and experience to attain the qualifications.
The MSP® Foundation examination is available in the following languages:
The MSP® Foundation exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions, five of which help candidates familiarise themselves for the test. Participants then have an hour to answer the remaining 70 questions, of which they must get at least 35 correct for a score of 50% or higher. Although delivered online, the exam is overseen by a remote invigilator or proctor. Students will have their knowledge of programme management techniques tested to ensure that they understand the foundational principles of the Managing Successful Programmes framework and how they are applied in a corporate environment.
- Be better able to participate as a member of a programme change management project team.
- Be better able to apply the MSP® framework to company projects, raising standards and success rates accordingly.
- Be able to provide basic Managing Successful Projects guidance to colleagues or third parties.
- Have the skills and experience required to work as part of a programme management team, or secure a job elsewhere in the sector.
The MSP® Foundation level qualification is a mandatory requirement for professionals who want to extend their programme management knowledge and work towards the MSP® Practitioner certification.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.
The MSP® courses on this page are offered by Spoce ATO of AXELOS Limited. MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
MSP® Introduction and Overview
MSP® Framework and Concepts
Blueprint Design and Delivery
Defining a Programme
Planning and Control
Benefits Realisation Management
Organisation and the Programme Office
The Business Case
Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
Managing the Tranches
Delivering the Capability and Realising the Benefits
Risk Management and Issue Resolution
Closing a Programme
This Course has a PDU (Professional Development Units) Value of 30.
Outline of the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements.
Category B – Continuing Education offered by a University/college/training organisation not registered with PMI Category C – Self-Directed Learning
How long do PDUs last?
To maintain your qualification, you will need to claim your PDUs in the three-year cycle in which they were earned.
What proof might PMI need of my PDUs?
PMI spot-check entries for their CCRS program and so may check that you are eligible for the PDUs claimed. PMI may check up to 18 months after the end of your CCRS cycle. You should retain the following as proof of your course attendance: Course Brochure/Outline, Registration/Joins letter, Certifications earned, Training Organisation details and Trainer qualifications.
How many PDUs do I need?
Depending on the PMI qualification you are supporting, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP and PMI-SP require 30 PDUs. PMP has a limitation in that only 30 PDUS per cycle may be claimed for Self-Directed Learning.
How else can I earn PDUs?
PDUs can be claimed for other areas such as, Creating New PM Knowledge, Volunteer Service and even Working as a PM Professional. There are limitations. Please see https://ccrs.pmi.org/ for up-to-date information.
Use the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org/ to register your PDU’s. Log-in using your PMI credentials and register your PDU's gained under the following categories which E-career’s courses are aligned to:
Education: Category C - Self-Directed Learning (via e-learning) *Restricted to a maximum of 30 PDU’s per 3-year certification cycle)
The PMI’s scheme requirements state that each hour of professional development undertaken is equivalent to one PDU. The activity should also be relevant to the area of expertise covered in the PMP certification.
|Online Course with Exam|
|MSP® Foundation Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above